Dr. Daniel Gann
Assistant professor in the Department of Biological Sciences and researcher in the FIU Institute of Environment.
PhD Biological Sciences & MS Environmental Sciences (FIU), MA Education (Pädagogische Hochschule Ludwigsburg, Germany).
Dr. Jennifer Richards
Emeritus professor in the Department of Biological Sciences. Her interests are in wetland plant ecology, plant vegetative and reproductive morphology and development as affected by the environment, and vegetation mapping and analysis.
PhD Botany (University of California, Berkeley), AB Biology (Radcliffe College, Harvard University).
Pursuing a PhD in Earth Systems Science.
- MS Environmental Studies (FIU); MS Geology (University of Calcutta, India); BS Geology (Ranchi University, India).
- Co-advised by Dr. Michael Ross & Dr. Daniel Gann, he is developing remote sensing methods to map and study mangrove transgression and dynamics in the Southern Everglades.
- Research Assistant: Landscape-Scale Plant-Community Succession in Wetlands under Changing Hydrology and Fire Regimes
Pursuing a PhD in Biological Sciences.
- MS Environmental Science (FIU); BS Biology and Environmental Studies (FIU)
- Co-advised by Dr. Daniel Gann & Dr. Jay Sah, her research focuses on vegetation dynamics of tree islands and the drivers of species composition dynamics along spatial and temporal shifts of hydrological gradients.
- Research Assistant: Tree Island Dynamics in Everglades National Park
Starting PhD in Biological Sciences in Fall 2021.
Jessika is interested in plant community ecology change and composition across environmental gradients in wetland ecosystems.
- BS Biology (FIU)
- Summer 2021 Research Associate: Landscape-Scale Plant-Community Succession in Wetlands under Changing Hydrology and Fire Regimes